All poetry and photos by Squeaky Pelletier unless otherwise noted, thank you.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Do

i was feeling down and blue 
thought of things that i could Do 
like check other people's blogs
to see pictures of their dogs

or i could go out for a walk
see a neighbor, stop to talk
take some photos of the flowers
and then scrap away the hours

so i opened up my door
saw the sun and wanted more
walked a while and soon i knew
'twas just the thing to Do

as my gloom started to lift
the day became a gift
and all of nature's wonders
helped to pull me from out under

so if you're feeling blue
there are things that you can Do
i know that word is key
if you're feeling unhappy

if you can't Do it alone 
call me on your telephone
because i have been their too
without the strength to Do

but today i'm Doing better
so let's fight this thing together
Do not let depression win
because I love you, my dear friend!