All poetry and photos by Squeaky Pelletier unless otherwise noted, thank you.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

wag your tail, it's wednesday



i'm trying not to bother you
but oh, i love you so
i just want your attention
but i don't let it show

i try not to attack you
when you come home at night
i wait until you're ready
and give me the green light

i try to stay outside your door
and not invade your space
but i cannot contain my love
so i come and lick your face

sometimes i am a bother
you have to walk and feed
and playing fetch is one thing else
i really, really, need

i'm trying hard to be
exactly what you want
but i'm a dog, i'm not a cat
so I can't act nonchalant

i love you with my whole self
from nose to tip of tail
no matter how you treat me
my love will never fail

a human's love can die
some loving feelings end
but no matter what may happen
dogs love you to the end