All poetry and photos by Squeaky Pelletier unless otherwise noted, thank you.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Are your decorations up? Don't worry...


Wendie Pett has a company called Visibly Fit. Here's a quote I liked from a recent email.

"I failed miserably at getting all my Christmas decorations up this year. It's so bad that I didn't even put ornaments on the tree...only lights and a cross for the topper! When I asked my son about putting on ornaments he said, "Mom, Christmas isn't about a tree...it's about Jesus and his birthday!" He is absolutely correct! Technically, there is still time to put ornaments on the tree, but I've decided to keep them off to make a statement. It's just another reminder to us about the true reason for the season. The stress, pressure, and busyness can be a distraction from this precious day. I have made a conscious choice to make the most of this season by spending more time with loved ones instead of fretting over all the details that truly don't matter. How will you make the most of your time? What really matters most to you....Decorations? Baking? Shopping? Or RELATIONSHIPS?" Wendie Pett http://www.wendiepett.com