All poetry and photos by Squeaky Pelletier unless otherwise noted, thank you.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

mother's day 2010




oh mother's day, oh mothers day,
you're kind of a mixed bag,
sometimes you make me happy,
and at the same time sad.

my mother left this world too soon,
before i really knew,
what it really meant,
to be a mother too.

i wish i had her near,
to share the many joys,
or ask for her advice,
on raising girls and boys.

it makes me happy to reflect,
on motherhood's sweet gifts,
hugging my dear children,
receiving a sweet kiss.

my children are my greatest gifts,
and each one is unique,
each one is irreplaceable,
they make my life complete.

but now they're far away,
and i am feeling sad,
sometimes the longing for them,
can feel so awfully bad.

i really should have known it,
because right from the start,
giving birth is painful,
and also fills your heart.

so i guess it's no surprise,
that you will hear me say,
this day is bittersweet,
this one called mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment