All poetry and photos by Squeaky Pelletier unless otherwise noted, thank you.

Friday, March 19, 2010

spring techno lament


springtime is here, but it's making me sad,
i saw a young boy, at the park with his dad,
the child sat and played, in the sand all alone,
while the dad spent his time, attached to his phone.

i love my spring walks, when I hear the birds sing,
it helps me unwind, and think about things.
but it seems that's a pleasure, i could soon forget,
if i'm unable from technology, to disconnect.

i taught my young children, the sound made by a bird,
but now the word "tweet", means the cell phone i've heard.
undivided attention, is becoming extinct.
and precious moments get ruined, when my cell phone rings.

my friends and my kids, need to feel free to relate,
without fear that their presence, is just second rate.
so i need to decide, how much is enough,
and sometimes must choose, to turn everything off.

No comments:

Post a Comment