All poetry and photos by Squeaky Pelletier unless otherwise noted, thank you.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mother Mary

i've identified the longing,
i wrote about before,
i'm lonesome for my children,
who live far from my door.

I tried to call this afternoon,
i guess no one was free,
i wonder what they're doing,
and why they're not calling me.

it's tough to be a mother,
with my kids so far away,
sometimes i really miss them,
i'm not ashamed to say.

don't misunderstand me,
i'm happy they are grown,
and making their own choices,
and have lives of their own.

i know how much they love me,
but i'm still feeling blue,
a mother's heart feels love so deep,
and sometimes longing too.

knowing there are other moms,
riding this same boat,
gives me strength and courage,
to keep my heart afloat.

i think being a mother,
is God's most precious gift,
with Holy Week upon us,
i'm reflecting upon this.

for Mary felt more pain,
than i will ever know,
she loved her son so dearly,
and had to let him go.

i thank her for her sacrifice,
and reflect upon her part,
i know she understands my pain,
i feel hers in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment